“No matter what our circumstances, we can find a reason to be thankful.” –Dr. David Jeremiah
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I sure hope you all have had a relaxing day full of laughter + joy, and of course, delicious food. I thought I would take the opportunity + share some things I am thankful for, but they may sound a little unusual. The last couple of months have been really hard on the family, but the only way to stay positive through it all is to constantly find thankfulness in the situations. And recently I challenged myself to start writing them down when they came to me. Some are deep + some are just silly simple things that made me say, “thank you Lord”.
- my husband surprises me with a tea latte
- I just happen to stay under $200 at Costco
- Ezra’s preschool teacher says "he has had a good day!"
- My friends text me to check in and see how I’m doing
- Quiet evenings to sit by a warm fire and write
- I find random money in my pocket
- Perfectly ripe avocados
- strangers (now friends) wants to serve our family with food + babysit
- strangers see I’m having a hard time with my kids at the grocery store + ask if I want to check out ahead of them. (like what???? Thank you stranger!)
- my mom wants to tag along with me for meaningless errands
- I get to check out + find out several items are on sale. (YASSS)
- I make it into the house before it down pours
- Every workout equipment at the gym is open when you need it (ha! So rare!)
- Your friend calls you to come over at the very moment you thought, “I need to get out of this house before I go crazy.”
- All 4 of my kids are playing nicely with each other while I’m making dinner.
- I have zero laundry to-do
- My husband picks up mitten pizza cause he knows I’m super frazzled + a hot mess
- My Spotify discover weekly is on fire + gets my mood (plays the right song at the right time)
- Coffee dates are spent encouraging + building each other up
- God speaks to me through a picture
I just stumbled upon this beautiful prayer today + I thought I would share it with you. It was so perfect for reseting my heart + mind on giving thanks to the One who deserves it all!
"Dear God, Thank you for your amazing power and work in our lives, thank you for your goodness and for your blessings over us. Thank you for your great love and care. Thank you for your sacrifice so that we might have freedom and life. Forgive us for when we don't thank you enough, for who you are, for all that you do, for all that you've given. Help us to set our eyes and our hearts on you afresh. Renew our spirits, fill us with your peace and joy. We love you and we need you, this day and every day. We give you praise and thanks, for You alone are worthy! In Jesus' Name, Amen."
- Debbie McDaniel, Crosswalk.com Contributor